Did you watch Conan last night?
I think I'm a little obsessed because he is like my bedtime story.
I need to watch him before I go to sleep
but tonight was especially important because Incubus performed.
I am so over-the-top in love with Brandon Boyd that even Rhett gets mad at me.
He is an AMAZING singer and so AMAZING on the eyes.
Incubus became the band that Rhett and I fell in love with together.
Their songs have been the soundtrack of our life together for many years,
Their songs have been the soundtrack of our life together for many years,
especially through the births of our boys.
Rhett got us back stage passes to their Light Grenades concert
when I was 6 months pregnant with Brenden.
They weren't coming to SLC so we flew to Phoenix for the weekend.
Besides the security guards having to lift my huge belly into the air by my belt loops in order to help me avoid being crushed on the front row halfway through the concert, we had a stellar time.
Behind the scenes, we met the band in groups of 10 or so and before our 15 minutes was up,
I asked them for a quick favor...
It was heaven.
And now Rhett got us backstage tickets again.
We are going to take this picture and a recent picture of Bren and remind them of the story.
This time it will be in SLC in July and I won't be so large and self-conscious.
I am also hoping to watch all of the concert from the front row and hold my own against the mosh pit.
I won't be having a massive belly or swollen feet hold me back this time!
And yes, we did name Brenden after Brandon.
Kind of.
I didn't want it to be too obvious.
Although Rhett absolutely has always liked the name Brandon with or without the band,
it was a little too common for me.
So we compromised on Brenden and I love it.
But Brandon Boyd is anything but common.
And hopefully Brenden will follow in his footsteps.
Well, at least being amazingly handsome.
(Check!)
(Grabbed all these photos of Brandon from:
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/brandon-boyd/images/1626105)










No comments:
Post a Comment