Thursday, June 25, 2009

Progress

We have had so many people IN and OUT and AROUND our house this week.
It has been nuts!
Even the ice cream man showed up today.
The kids and I had been gathering boulders
(ok I had been gathering boudlers and the kids had been whining that they were tired and hot)
to outline the sand box
and were worn out so that crazy nursery rhyme jewelry box song came just in time!
We needed some ice cream!!
They put in the sprinklers and laid the weed fabric and the mulch this week and will be spraying hydroseed tomorrow morning.
If only we had the money to lay sod, we would be totally finished.
The hydroseed cost 80% less but we won't have a full grown lawn for 6-8 weeks.
This monstrous backyard has cost us some serious dough!
Besides not having bushes, flowers, trees, shrubs, etc,
it is looking pretty good from where we started.

















Even though I haven't been the one doing the work, I am tired.
Can't wait for the grass to come in and things to slow down.

4 comments:

just jen said...

it is looking good!

i can't wait to see the finished product.

Crystal Hadlock said...

you go girl! Its looking awesome!

Elisabeth said...

Cool, we'll have to come see. Good idea going with the seed, even with the sod you can't walk on it too much so the seed was a good choice too. Money wise even better!

Bowman's Beach said...

I walk by in envy every morning (except sunday ...I don't envy on sundays, and I don't walk either) It looks so good. 6-8 weeks will go by so fast!