1 - I really like to sleep in. So much, in fact, that sometimes, when Brenden wakes up in the morning, I will continually stick in his binkie if he makes any noise and put him in the swing, hoping that he will just hang out and be content enough so I can go back to sleep. Also, when Cam finally wakes up, I will turn on any show he wants or bribe him with anything that works (photobooth on our imac, going to the park later, food, candy) just to get that extra five or ten minutes. It doesn't really work most of the time, though, because every three or four minutes, Cam likes to keep me up-to-date with Wonder Pets or with Brenden (he's smiling, momma!) by sticking his face in mine and telling me what's going one. He doesn't get it, yet. I just keep hoping one day I will train them to make their own breakfast and play without me. And I'm not talking about when they're 6 or 10 or anything, I mean right now.
2 - I always try to get something for nothing. It is my personal quest. Whether it be family entrance to the Polynesian Cultural Center, a discount on a floor model of some piece of furniture, a lower monthly payment on our car, leftovers from a faculty luncheon or free carnival rides for Cameron, I use my powers of feminine persuasion to get what I can (sweet talking, low necklines, whatever it takes). It's like, whatever I put my mind to, I can get something to work to my advantage. It's my own version of "the Secret," the power of positive thinking. Sometimes, I feel like Clair on Clueless when she gets out of her tardies because she says she was surfing the crimson wave or is able to change her grade by bringing two hopeless teachers together. I guess you could say I am always in Mexico, trying to bargain with the peddlers and I usually get close to what I am after. Am I conniving or what?

3 - I often will leave things where I drop them. It's a lazy habit that I have gotten in to for whatever reason, I don't know, but I always think "Oh, I'll pick that up in just a minute" and then that minute is an hour later or sometimes days later. I'm talking the safety ring from the milk, a single sock, a straw, the laundry, a book - whatever. I don't drop things on purpose, I just purposefully leave them there for a second. This is often why my car is a mess and why there are random things throughout the house in places that just don't seem to belong and I'm sure why I feel like I am constantly picking up random things around the house. This irritation and stress I feel about how messy things are eventually leads to the vicious cycle of just leaving them where they are because I don't know where to put them or I'm tired of constantly picking things up. It is also a contributing factor to my disorganization...I often don't know where to put random things so instead of finding a home for them or throwing them away, I will leave them where they are, which most often is on the floor. I'm sure it would just be easier to pick something up the second it hits the floor, but I can't seem to rationalize that when it happens...
4 - A guilty pleasure for me is those silly family sitcoms like Full House, That's So Raven and most recently - Drake and Josh. I don't know what it is about Drake and Josh except that I saw how much weight Josh lost in a more recent episode and now I'm totally intrigued to watch him as a fat actor and then as a skinny actor. These shows are silly and predictable and I sadly find myself laughing and enjoying them. Shhh.

5 - I feel that I am very fashion conscious. I always am up on the trends, watch those fashion shows, know what looks good on somebody for their body type and what doesn't, I check out what celebrities are wearing and what the magazines advertise, I am into hairstyles (especially how hideous the ones around Lehi are) and makeup and all the most modern techniques and blah blah blah and YET here I sit in scrubs and a maternity shirt because I can't find clothes that fit me!! I go out of the house and pray that no one sees me and that they won't realize that I haven't gotten in the shower for three days and am wearing mismatched clothes that make me look worse than I actually do. I have unplucked eyebrows, hair pulled back for the 6th day in a row and no makeup on my face and I just hope no one nominates me for What Not To Wear because I really know what to wear, I promise. This is just a mom thing, right? We just get in a rut and in between body stages and sometimes can't be as fashionable, right? I hope that's a good enough excuse because I'm going to have to start only going out at night so no one can see how UNfashionable I have become.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
5 Obscure Things (for now)
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
10:30 PM
Labels: cleanup, clueless, Drake and Josh, fashion, sleep, what not to wear
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
i LOVE drake and josh....isn't that crazy? you are so funny about being conniving, you forgot to mention that you are really using your feminine wiles to get what you want!
P.S. my hair is NOT black
I would love to sleep in, the swing thing isn't working these days.
The other stuff is hilarious. I love to see the fashion and hairdo's when I wait in line for rodeo tickets in Lehi.
ummmm.....why oh why oh why are you all the way over there and I'm all the way over here...
"The Cosby Show" is still the best. Last time I was in LA for work, I was flipping through channels and came across an episode. It's still way funnier than anything on now. I'm also a sucker for "According to Jim," but mostly because I have a major "older woman crush" on his wife in the show.
Post a Comment