
They say that your second child will be different than your first. He will sleep differently, eat differently, act differently, have a different temperment and even look like whichever parent the first one didn't. Brenden seems to be exactly all these things that people have been saying over the 9 months that I was pregnant with him. 
Brenden is completely different from Cameron and has been from the moment he was born. We have commented on their differences such as how his nose is more pointy, his blue eyes, his serious nature as well as his constant spit-up. Cam was never a baby who needed to be burped and he never spit up. Well...I can't say never, because I'm sure there are things that I am forgetting, but Brenden needs to burp and spit up at every feeding and the spitting up part actually happens multiple times. He spits up immediately after he sucks down the last drop, a few minutes after and sometimes up to an hour after. I have tried many things (less milk, different formulas, prevacid, holding him as still as possible after a feeding, holding him upright, feeding him upright, changing bottles, trying Mylicon drops - you name it!) and have just come to the conclusion that this is how he is; he is just different.
I stopped giving him breastmilk at three months because I was tired of the thrush and mastitis that seemed to be on a constant cycle - one week thrush, a few weeks later mastitis, then thrush, thrush, thrush again, later more clogged ducts and so much pain that I just couldn't take it anymore. So Brenden is a formula-fed baby and he loves it and I love the freedom and he is doing just fine, except for the spit-up. Some things are just different, I guess.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Spit-up
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
11:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Spitting up sucks. I'm sorry about the thrush. I had a horrible time with my first but it's been ok ever since.
I do envy your freedom though.
Someday I will have your freedom.
They are so different. Both very handsome. Lex seems to spit up every time too. oh well.
Post a Comment