Time and the days of the week are just a few of things that Cameron is getting so curious about. He asks me everyday now what day it is and what time it is (multiple times throughout the day). He is getting more creative and imaginative and even invited Diego (from Go Diego Go!) over to the house to eat. We were in the computer room and I'm on the computer and I realize that he's talking to someone. I hear him say "mom" so I answer "hm?" without turning around and he says, "No, I'm talking to Diego's mom." Smiling to myself with my back to him, I hear him continue talking to Diego and Diego's mom and dad, asking them what they would like to eat. Funny how kids just start playing with their imaginations. You don't really teach it.
But the teacher in me is always looking for situations to teach him something. He is always counting and I am always encouraging him by putting numbers and letters into every situation we are in - "do you want 1 or 2 pancakes? how many flies do you see flying around the house? Jack's Big Music Show starts with what letter? you spell Bren's name Bre...? what come's next?" We count down the time on the microwave, read the numbers on the townhomes when we go on a walk and I always ask him how many of something he wants.
Cam has recently been a bit obsessed with the number forty-five. I think he feels grown-up saying it or something, I don't know....Forty-five is just so much cooler that two or six or something.... He wants forty-five chicken nuggets, he always thinks the time is "forty-five," he wants to read forty-five books at bedtime, he wants me to give him forty-five seconds to brush his teeth, not the twenty that I have already allotted him, and today, when Rhett put him in the corner for a time-out, he decided that he didn't want to be in there for the usual three minutes, he wanted me to turn the timer to forty-five minutes. I have to admit, I thought about it...but it would just be more punishment for us to hear him asking if time was up every few seconds. Ahhhh, preschoolers. They are fun.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Forty-five
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
9:58 PM
Labels: cameron, forty-five, Go Diego Go, imagination, preschool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
connor's number is 82.
Post a Comment