Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grape Propel

About five years ago I was teaching in Park City and I had a student who's mother gave me a gift for every single holiday, such as St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Halloween, President's Day - you name it.  It was awesome and so thoughtful, even if it was just little things here and there. 


During one of those holidays, she introduced me to the love of Grape Propel.  She gave me a little package with something like gum, candy, chips and one big, fat bottle of Grape Propel.  I was instantly hooked and instantly in love with the flavor.  It was light and uncarbonated, refreshing and smooth, easy to drink quickly.  Walmart was one of the only stores in our area in Park City and they sold this big bottle for $0.99.  I would get one every chance I got and tried every flavor they had.  Grape was the only one I really liked.



I don't know if it is because of the cleanse or just plain overkill after all these years, but I just took a sip of one that I recently bought and I was almost grossed out.  I haven't bought one for a long time and was so excited to enjoy it but I don't think I am going to be able to even finish it.  Yuck.  Never thought it would come to this.  I am so sad to see it go.  What am I supposed to drink now??

5 comments:

just jen said...

i know it's boring, but what is wrong with water?

Kristia said...

I was thinking the same thing...

Laurie said...

Thanks for the potty training advice! I was so glad I got to meet you at church today. Thanks so much for teaching my boys in Sunbeams. They really need a teacher to lay down the law! I owe you cookies for being willing to even attempt that little class. Its a hard one to handle and I want you to know that I'm so grateful.

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

drink this: http://www.lacroixwater.com/
it is delicious! No sugar, nothing but goodness. It comes in cans and it is all I drink anymore. A little tricky to find in the stores but worth looking for.
Farewell little grape.

Jana said...

I hate when that happens! I'm a Crystal Lite lemonade addict - yummmmm!