Monday, August 11, 2008

Who's with me?

I am all over this for at least the next 10 days cause I have had some serious problems that need to be cleansed!!

8 comments:

Shannon Abbott said...

I did this last week for 3 days.I can't go much longer because of my blood sugar. I didn't do it to lose weight. I did it to feel better. I would do it again.

*Lisa* said...

Gross. Have fun!

just jen said...

are you crazy?

there is no easy way to lose weight!

you have to do it the old fashioned, hard way. this is just water weight, and is ridiculous.

friends don't let friends do a master cleanse. stop now.

Mrs. Misses said...

I know I'm fat but I'm not doing this to lose weight, unless you count the huge blockage in my intestines. THAT is what I'd like to lose. Remember that one time around my birthday last year? Losing fat weight will maybe just be an added benefit. I need a fresh, clean, unclogged start and I'm hoping this will do it. I'm tired of feeling sick to my stomach every night, gassy, crampy, tired and crappy everyday in every connotation of that word.

...I thought we were friends.

Kristia said...

I'm all for it, just not yet. Good for you, cause this will take discipline-is Rhett doing it too? How long are you doing it? You'll have to post all your experiences as you go, i need the DL! :)

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

Sorry I have been MIA...I vote no. It can make you a little bit of a beast because of the drastic change in blood sugar and the hunger factor. (I speak from experience)I am going to be honest here too: I think you are setting yourself up for failure trying to do it while you are preparing meals for your kids. There is a great herbal cleanse if you want to get clean and there are some GREAT eating plans that will be good for your kids and husband too.
Love you, think you are beautiful!

Joshua Oram said...

Well, I had some of the same initial negative reactions as the people above, but now my tune has changed since Kelly did this for all ten days (about 3 weeks ago). First of all, this has absolutely nothing to do with losing weight, so Just Jen can rest easy about that.

This is about hitting a reset button on your body. Kelly was addicted to Diet Coke and junk food in general. One day she just gets to a breaking point and says, "I'm so SICK of always feeling CRAPPY because all I ever do is drink soda and eat junk." So she does this 10-day cleanse with the lemonaid and tea. Also, regarding the above comment, Kelly did this while preparing meals everyday for our two kids, AND while I continued my usual junk food diet of Taco Bell and ice cream right in front of her, many times even tempting her (just to be a punk). So it all comes down to personal will power, and we all know Allison can do anything once she sets her mind.

Anyway, about five days into this, Kelly had TRANSFORMED before my eyes. First of all, it took that long for the Diet Coke withdrawal headaches to stop. But on top of that, she had much more energy than normal; she had an easier time getting up in the morning, rather than feeling so 'heavy' and weighed down. She had more energy throughout the day, and a generally more positive attitude simply because she was DOING something about her health, rather than just complaining about it.

And like I said, this should NOT be done to lose weight. You are simply denying your body the food that you have been eating so often for so long, in order to let your body 'forget' that it 'needs' those foods. After ten days, your body should be a blank slate, and you can then decide to introduce healthier food choices than before, because you are the one in control now, rather than a slave to cravings that result from eating certain foods over and over again (like me and my 'need' for mint choco chip ice cream).

Kelly loved it. This is not a whole 'program'. There is no equipment or special foods that some guy is trying to sell you. It is simply a tool that you can use to help propel you on a new course.

Joshua Oram said...

Oh yeah, and don't do it for more than 10 days! 10 days should be the max. Don't want to harm the body - just discipline it a little...