Thursday, August 14, 2008

On a STICK

Rhett had one of these today...I was SO MAD!
He met me with the kids at the mall after work so I could get my phone rewrapped and we could spend quality family time. You know, quality time at the mall. It actually was a lot of fun and was so cool to hang out together. We NEVER get time to just hang out together, even if it's walking through the mall and window shopping. And pretending that we can afford a fluffy, 8 foot Luv Sac (aren't those things awesome?). But the reason it is such an upsetting thing to have a FABULOUS hot dog on a stick is that I COULDN'T have a hot dog on a stick.

I am on day four of Master Cleanse and it is going great. Unless you eat a hot dog on a stick in front of me. Then I'm a little cranky. I told him how cruel it was but he pointed out that he couldn't pass up a hot dog on a stick and he would eat it away from me. I wouldn't pass one up either, I guess. He let me have a long, good whiff so I was ok.

And really, it's been ok. The first day was torture, including an evening of vomiting, but that was just from the salt water wash. I do have a very sensitive stomach and I think I just put too much salt in the warm water. Doesn't that sound appetizing? Since then, I have actually come to really think the drink tastes good. Honestly it is GOOD. It's no hot dog on a stick, but it will do for the next few days. Actually, when I am out of 100% organic grade B maple syrup I am going to be finished. That is some expensive stuff and I'm already into my second bottle. And there haven't been any serious bathroom issues except for having to pee almost 20 times a day. Seriously. I counted. I'm actually a little disappointed, but I have some days to go. Hopefully I will have more bathroom stories to tell you than this. I know....disappointing.

Stay tuned for the final report of the overall experience. (Even you haters and skeptics out there).

PS I've taken two carloads to the DI (yes ME-the pack rat), reorganized the garage, organized the kids closets and even had time to work on an iMovie project and load and unload the dishwasher in the same day. This no-eating thing is actually turning out to be quite helpful.

Check this out for fun. It's pretty silly and makes me want a hot dog on a stick even more.
(I may have to clog myself up again next week with one).

1 comment:

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

I didn't mean to be a hater, man. Sorry! I am glad it is going well for you and when you are ready, I will deliver a Hot Dog on a stick to your door.