So I guess no one else really shares my love of American Idol like I thought people would. You guys suck. Especially those of you in the Village. I thought more of you would be supportive! I guess cliques are hard to crack. And maybe it was one of those things where you had to be there because it was so much fun and so cool to meet new people and be a part of a tv show (did I tell you that Ryan Seacrest showed up!??!!). And because it IS a tv show, you also have to understand that we are legally bound not to talk too much about it. That's one reason I was "dragging it out" because I had to talk with a few of the people to make sure I could publish stuff about it.
But I CAN tell you that even though Kristia sang phenomenally, she wasn't one of the chosen ones. Every single one of us was surprised but Kristia and I know that it totally wasn't meant to be. There is another divine purpose for the whole experience and Kristia's amazing, angelic voice. Don't worry, though, cause creepy black hat guy (who is one of the worst singers I've heard in a long time) DID make it through, as well as horrible outfit girl.
And then there was the black cowboy, ventriloquist girl and her singing puppet, 50 year old man in a hideous floral shirt and another girl who wore an outfit consisting of skin tight, tapered jeans that went up to her boobs who all got the golden ticket to see Simon, Randy and Paula another day. Pretty annoying, actually, and sad because you know these are the ones they are going to be making fun of. That's what they want for tv I guess. And maybe that's what the people wanted, too - just to get on tv. And some of the other "talented" people who went through were screeching, belting singers who sounded a little over-the-top from the stands, but I guess impressed the producers or who at least PLEADED with them to give them a chance (we heard about a few of them). So, unless you had a horrible outfit, a horrible voice, some kind of gimmick or some over-the-top vocals, you were tossed to the side without concern.
The others of our fabulous friends who DID make were #2 and #6. These were sincerely good vocals who probably have a real chance and had something unique about their voices that impressed the producers. Way to go Zach and Amanda!
That's all I can say about that. Legally.
Can't wait to watch it in January!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Party Poopers
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
9:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
sorry i never voted. i have a really crappy internet connection in the hotel so i could never upload the videos...excuses, excuses.
and...i don't like american idol. not since clay aiken anyway.
did i just admit that?
lol! wait, did clay aiken spoil you with his silky smooth vocals and boyish good looks...? :)
Ummmm... I was kinda waiting for all of the vocal clips to be there. Maybe I'm missing something... but, out of the three that I could listen to, Kristia has a GORGEOUS voice. She is wat too good for American Idol, but I'll be watching for her first album. I like really like Zach's sound, too. They get my votes.
Sounds like a crazy experience y'all had- fun memories, if nothing else, right? I need to get out and do something exciting like that, change things up a little. ;)
Post a Comment