Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vote America!

My American Idol experience was a crazy mix of emotions - excitement, fear, tiredness, anger, bossiness, nausea, vertigo, critique, giddyness (especially when Ryan Seacrest walked in the arena) and more more more. For now, I want you to be able to hear what I have heard. I am going to attempt to post a few friends vocals here so that you can vote for yourself. Out of the 8 people who are listed here, four of them made it through the first round of auditions to ultimately will be auditioning for Randy, Paula and Simon. Listen to the tracks and then tell me who you think they would have picked.

I had to get vocals from my friends somehow so some I requested, some I stole from their myspace pages and one I even recorded myself. Give a shout-out to the two vocals you think made it through. I want your SERIOUS opinion because I am SHOCKED who did and who didn't make it through. Well, with all things considering and the way the tv show is run, I shouldn't say I'm THAT shocked. You know they don't just judge on vocal talent.


Well, here they are (in no particular order, except for Kristia). And yes, I did put some people in to throw you off.

#1. (VOCALS) Here is KRISTIA.


(Sorry there is so much of my stupid chatter. We recorded this at midnight and I am just too tired to edit it anymore. There are two songs on there.)


#2. (VOCALS) I couldn't get the vocals to download, so I just found his youtube video. This is ZACH who I guess also tried out for America's Got Talent.


#3. Our Good Friend Michael Browne

#4. (VOCALS) This is MATT. Click on his name for vocals and pick At Last.  It is the song he auditioned with (minus the guitar).

#5. Horrible Outfit Girl Who is 16



#6. (VOCALS) Amanda hasn't enabled downloading on her page, so click on her name to check out this link and listen to the song MORE. You could listen to any of them, but I think that is a good one. (Her fabulous mom, Edie, is standing next to her in this picture from our BBQ).
#7. Creepy Hat Guy

#8. JG (Daughtry #2) and his brother Carliol (JG said he would send me vocals but I haven't gotten them yet...he does sound somewhat like Daughtry)


So which four people made it through to be the next American Idol? Vote NOW!

4 comments:

Shannon Abbott said...

Hopefully #1 and the rest are guesses #2, #4, and #8.

Carly said...

Stop dragging it out and tell me already!

Mrs.Mayne said...

I already know the status of #1 and I think she is by far THE #1. And I am not just saying that because I know her and think she is the bomb diggity. She really is the most talented!! The guys are good too, I guess. I do not care for the last chick. She kind of sounds like she is just moaning with out paying attention. But my guess is she is the one who gets through:(

Mrs.Mayne said...

Most talented?? Is that grammatically correct??