Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Next Olympian

I have been finding Brenden in a number of odd places lately. His speed and agility are astounding (I'm mostly just amazed that he hasn't fallen on his head, yet).
I turn my head for a second and he is in the sink trying to brush his teeth like his Dad.
He's sitting nicely watching a movie but that's not good enough for him....
...he has to be touching Curious George. (Don't you just want to squeeze those chubby legs?)
He wants something on the table so he climbs to get it.
He wants to get up close to the action in the play kitchen at a friend's house.
And he wants to be able to see himself in the mirror so he can squeal and clap. He's so proud of himself.
I prefer this view of him. Calm, content and contained.

4 comments:

Lindz said...

What a handsome boy. I can relate, Lex is everywhere and climbing on top of everything. He recently fell trying to get on to the computer and split his lip. You turn your head for a second and they are off.

corniafamily said...

What a little stinker I think it is totally an age thing. Livie is getting there she has turned into a mad women. At least he is like the cutest little boy ever though. It has to be pretty hard to get to mad at him.

Erin said...

Oh, wow, what a sweet faced boy!

just jen said...

what a little monkey.

my favorite is when my kids are in the car too. then they stay in one place. too bad gas is so expensive or we would take more LONG drives.